Lisa Renzi-Hammond, Ph.D.
Health Science Campus
102 Spear Road
Athens, GA 30602
|Dr. Renzi-Hammond specializes in lifespan sensory, cognitive and neurological development. She is interested in the functional relationships between underlying brain structure, sensory integrity, plasticity, cognitive function and risk for disease, and the behaviors that promote cognitive vitality across the lifespan. She is also interested in developing novel methodologies for testing cognitive and sensory function in populations ranging from infancy through older adulthood.
- Examining the role of improved nutritional status on cognitive function and neurological health, across the lifespan. This project includes nutritional intervention, dietary analysis, electrophysiological (EEG) measures, functional and structural MRI and DTI, behavioral measures of cognitive function, visual function testing and blood nutritional measurement. This project is being completed in partnership with the Center for Nutrition, Learning and Memory at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Developing novel technology for measuring visual, cognitive and neurological function in healthcare, eye care and home settings. This project is being completed in partnership with the Georgia Center for Sight.
- Understanding the role of health literacy and physician support of patient autonomy. This project is being completed in partnership with the Piedmont Athens-Regional Community Care Clinic, the Medical College of Georgia UGA partnership, and the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University.
- GRNT 8200e Public Health and Aging
- GRNT 3400e Introduction to Cognitive Neuroscience of Aging
- GRNT 7400e Cognition and the Aging Brain
- GRNT 7600e Pharmacology, Health and Aging
Brain and Ocular Nutrition, presented at Cambridge University
Dr. Renzi-Hammond will be accepting undergraduate research mentees, doctoral students in Health Promotion and Behavior, and MPH-level research mentees for the 2018-2019 academic year. For more information, please e-mail Dr. Renzi-Hammond directly.