Jenay Beer, Ph.D.
Institute of Gerontology
Joint Appointment, School of Social Work
Health Science Campus
102 Spear Road
Athens, GA 30602
|Dr. Beer has a background in Engineering Psychology, which is the study of the design, evaluation, and implementation of technology for human use. Dr. Beer researches assistive technology to assist older adults maintain their independence and age-in-place. Her work focuses on human-robot interaction, telehealth, and technology acceptance/adoption.
- Examining the application of tele-wellness technology to promote social connectedness and tele-exercise for older adults aging with disability, NIDILRR Funded
- Development of an app-based mindfulness-based stress reduction intervention for lung cancer survivors, Bristol-Myer Squibb Foundation
- GRNT/PSYCH 6700 Psychology of Aging
- GRNT 3500/7500 Smart Technology in an Aging Society
- SOWK 7263 Social Work in a Healthcare Setting
- SOWK 5340 Human Behavior in the Social Environment